Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How often do you read the Bible?





Our forefathers built this nation with three tools:

AN AX, A PLOW AND A BOOK.

That book was the BIBLE.  Thomas Jefferson stated, “I have always said and always will say that the studious perusal of the
Sacred Volume, the Bible, will make better citizens…better fathers, better husbands…the Bible makes the best people in the world.”

In the Bible we find ourselves where we are, and if permitted, it takes us where we ought to go.  We may not be able to understand all that we read in the Bible but we can attempt to obey what we do understand.

An occasional taste of the Bible will not cause us to develop much of a taste for it.  Pertinent are these words of General Douglas MacArthur, “Believe me, sir, never a day goes by, be I ever so tired, but I read the word of God before I go to bed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment