Sunday, April 14, 2013

A better world begins with me...





“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness…” 
Declaration of Independence

Freedom can be ushered in by liberty bells.  It can be ushered out by “dumb bells.”

Freedom means that I must recognize the importance of doing my duty just as I recognize the “rights” that belong to me.

There is a “discipline of liberty”.  That discipline requires that I consider my fellow citizens with courteous respect and honest living. That discipline requires that I constantly search my heart to develop those qualities that make for a better world.

“A better world begins with me…”

No comments:

Post a Comment