Monday, February 11, 2013

THE SCHOLAR'S PRAYER


FOR STUDENTS:

The “Scholar’s Prayer” written by Cambridge University scholar H. C. G. Moule (1841-1920). 

Love and Savior, true and kind,
be the master of my mind; 
Bless and guide and strengthen still
all my powers of thought and will.
While I ply the scholar’s task,
Jesus Christ be near, I ask;
Help the memory, clear the brain,
knowledge still to seek and gain.
Here I train for life’s swift race;
let me do it in Thy grace.
Here I arm me for life’s flight;
let me do it in Thy might.
Thou hast made me mind and soul;
I for Thee would use the whole;
Thou has died that I might live;
all my powers to Thee I give.
STRIVING, THINKING, LEARNING
STILL, LET ME FOLLOW THUS
THY WILL, TILL MY WHOLE GLAD
NATURE BE, TRAINED FOR DUTY
AND FOR THEE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment